Friday, February 13, 2009

20 random things

As i have seen so many people do it on Facebook, i thought of it as a good idea, for it gives me a chance to search within my soul about what i´m thinking in a specific moment, and also gives my readers a chance to know me better... so i will write 20 things about me randomly and constantly:

1. I write in English, first, because i find it easier, as grammar rules are not as complicated as in spanish. Secondly, because i strongly believe that if i don´t use it, i might lose it. And most important, because I am an intellectual and i am also very influenced by books and in some readings i did, english is mentioned as the language of the enlightened...

2. I love my sister more than anything else in my life. Despite of what everybody says, i do not find her beautiful... i think she is not good looking. Nevertheless, her attitude towards life makes her the most beautiful girl in the planet.

3. I always thought of the latin culture as rather annoying, until i met the peruvians in Sweden and i discovered what i always knew... it is fantastic and fascinating.

4. I think cats are disgusting and bad pets. They only come back if they need feeding, and they are not fun to play with.

5. I am an expert in fixing other peoples lives... however, i don´t seem able or strong enough to fix my own...

6. I have been able to realize what i want. I have realized also that happiness is not in having what you want, but knowing where to aim.

7. I don´t like people who get married before 30. I think they are rushing their lives and won´t be able to reach their goals, therefore transmiting frustration towards their new family.

8. I tend to imitate people. Sometimes it is not the good side i pick to imitate, and it leads me into trouble. But if i must name names, i have tried to imitate my brothers determination to do things, my mom´s hard work, mi dad´s ambition, Arin´s educated manners, Stina´s discipline, just to mention some...

9. I like politics as a topic. I think it is an interesting subject of study and of conversation. Just as long as I have a good counterpart, who knows about some topics, and when doesn´t, just lets it pass, i think it can lead to amazing knowledge. On the other hand, I have had plenty of self called politics as conversation pals, and it has hopelessly ended in a total dislike for the man. Why can people just accept that they don´t have a clue of what they are talking about? Why do they have to show they can do it all? Is that how they plan to rule the country?

10. I used to listen to my mom´s advice. At first, thought she was crazy and let it pass, but memorized it, so i could answer when asked. Now, a long time after, i have realized how she was very right about stuff. I think my dad gave me good advice too, but since he grew up in a very small town, his perception of life was different, although this made very humble...

11. I think anthropology would be a great career. But i also have discovered that whatever i study, i will end up teaching, for it is only fair to transmit my knowledge, and for i enjoy teaching.

12. I strongly believe there is only one person reading this. I have mentioned it before, but i think you would be a great best man if i get married. Although is gonna be hard to find a tuxedo that big...

13. I get pissed off at people who get pissed off over nothing. I guess that makes me one of them.

14. I enjoy tv. I really do. I am able of laughing my ass off, at stupid jokes in sitcoms. Most people think i am weird, but i could not care less.

15. Now that i am away from my land, i am struggling with the making of frijoles and tortillas, two things i never bothered to learn in Guatemala.

16. I really don´t think i could spend my life with a guatemalan girl. They might be beautiful, they might be homey, yet, they are too clingy.

17. I love beer. I thing it is good for your health to have one now and then. And i found non-alcoholic beer, as in the cocacola ads... same flavor, no sugar.

18. I think i should write a book.

19. I strongly believe that Stina is going to be pissed off at me when she reads about Cristian and Santi. She won´t let me talk (at all) about her sister. However, she is the first one to make fun of my relatives. I don´t find this fair, so i tell her.

20. I don´t like people who can´t relax. I know it is important to have everything set and bla bla bla, but what is the point of building a castle if you can´t sit and enjoy your work?

1 comment:

  1. interesting 20 random things..learned alot thx nene..and remember maiz nixtamalizado 4 ur tortillas!! lol xo

    ReplyDelete