Tuesday, February 17, 2009

como te ha ido? has conocido la felicidad?

Can two people be the same spirit in two different bodies? I might have proven so.

Luckily for me (very luckily) i have met a rather large group of peruvians living in sweden. Fantastic people. Gaby, the elderly mother and chief of the clan, is an amazing cook, always has something on the cooker, and there is always another chair on her table for her to share. My old neighbors in Guatemala used to be like that. Aidee used to take me as a kid of her own, and i am pretty sure that if i ever go back, she would take me under her wing again.

Lucho, or Tio Lucho as everybody (me included) calls him is another amazing guy who knows about everything and strongly believes his land is the best. Reminds me of my father a lot. As we are listening to old 60´s and 70´s tunes, he would crack up some jokes that, because of his peruvian lingo, i wouldn´t understand... Pull out a guitar, and the man can stay up until dawn just singing and enjoying life... Plus, he is a lawyer who decided he liked the academy more, so he is devoted to teaching and is the head of the law department... coincidence? i want to think it is faith...

Jairo, the son, is a know-it-all, fuck-it-all, latino wannabe dandy... Great guy, but too much of a playa... reminds me of a large nosed friend of mine in guate.

Of course, we have phil baker, the never stop speaking dude, who might as well save your life or push you down a cliff. Never know what to do. Despite the fact that he is a reliable man, and so far, a pretty decent dude, he seems to have no limits for poking people, and sometimes this can be misunderstood... Ring a bell, rana??

I could go on for ages, but I want to hang the question: is it possible to have ghosts following you? or is it just your destiny that has been marked from the beginning??

No comments:

Post a Comment